FORUM OF WISCONSIN
To Register:, Click on the link below - http://jungchicago.org/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=350
Or at the Chicago Jung Institute Website: http://www.jungchicago.org/
FAUSTIAN BARGAIN: THE DYNAMICS OF THE DEAL WE MAKE WITH THE DEVIL
Ashok Bedi, MD
Friday, October 21, 2016 8:30am – 4:15pm
Each one of us makes an unconscious deal with the devil. While most of us remain unconscious of this Faustian Bargain, often, life, circumstances, relationship problems, complexes, Medical, Psychiatric and Addiction problems force us to reckon with the Devil
Goethe’s Faust captivated Jung’s psyche and was his inner guide both in his own individuation and evolution of his Analytical Psychology. It guided Jung from his personal myth of a Hero as young Faust to his emergent myth of the Wise Old Man – Philemon.
The myth of Faust will be explored from an analytical perspective as depicted in the Collected works, the Red Book and MDR as elaborated by Carl Jung in his writings to amplify the Analytical Management of our deal with the Devil and its optimal resolution.
If you have questions about this course, please contact Ashok Bedi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1220 Dewey Avenue, Wauwatosa, WI 53212
$165 | $105 Students | 6 CEs ($15 Fee)
1. Summarize the legend of Goethe’s Faust and the Faustian Bargain
2. Demonstrate the difference between the individual and the collective aspects of creative works of artists and individual patients via the analysis of Goethe’s Faust through the lens of the Analytical Psychology
3. Recognize the dynamic of the Shadow and Self in Faust legend from an Analytical perspective
4. Illustrate the relevance of the symbolism of the three and the fourth in Goethe’s Faust and Jung’s Analytical Psychology in context of the Faustian Bargain.
5. Discuss the rendering of the Anima, the Feeling Function and the redeeming Feminine in Goethe’s Faust and Jung’s Analytical Psychology as a path to working through the Faustian Bargain.
6. Utilize the novel “The Picture of Dorian Gray” to further amplify the workings of the Faustian Bargain in clinical work.
• Wayne, P. (1960). Faust: Part 2
• Wayne, P. (1969). Faust: Part 1
• Wilde, O. (1993). The Picture of Dorian Gray
Ashok Bedi, MD is a Jungian psychoanalyst and a board certified psychiatrist. He is a member of the Royal College of psychiatrists of Great Britain, a diplomat in Psychological Medicine at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of England, a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. He is a Clinical Professor in Psychiatry at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee and a training analyst at the Carl G. Jung Institute of Chicago. He is in private practice in Milwaukee and is the author of several books which may be previewed at his website www.pathtothesoul.com. Crossing the Healing Zone is Dr. Bedi’s fourth book, following Awaken the Slumbering Goddess: The Latent Code of the Hindu Goddess Archetypes (BookSurge, 2007), Retire Your Family Karma: Decode Your Family Pattern and Find Your Soul Path (Nicolas-Hays, Inc., 2003), and Path to the Soul (Samuel Weiser, Inc., 2000). He is the liaison for the IAAP for developing Jungian training programs in India and travels annually to India to teach, train the consult with the Jungian Developing groups at several centers in India including Ahmedabad and Mumbai. He leads the annual “A Jungian Encounter with the Soul of India” study group to several centers in India under the auspices of the New York Jung Foundation.
The C.G. Jung Institute of Chicago is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education credits for psychologists. The C.G. Jung Institute of Chicago maintains responsibility for this program and its content. The C.G. Jung Institute of Chicago is approved by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation to provide continuing education (CE) credit for social workers, professional counselors and marriage and family therapists.